Duties and Responsibilities
In consultation with the Head of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Officer will:
- Plan and execute outward-facing initiatives that enhance the visibility and public reputation of DBS
- Organise and manage activities with internal stakeholders that support student admissions and achieve improved brand awareness of DBS
- ensure internal processes clearly support and facilitate communication between and among Artan Business Units and DBS
- Deliver various special projects as required.
- Work closely with Marketing team of Artan Holding in managing the expectation in Marketing activities
Specific responsibilities to advance these priorities
- Brand management of our ‘presence’ on the web and in print
- Setting priority marketing objectives for each school for the year
- Ensuring the marketing mix supports key objectives
- Ensure the marketing mix is budgeted and supports key objectives
- Media buying. Key account management with major media accounts in Doha, to obtain maximum exposure, quality and value for money through external promotion across different media
- Supplier management for tasks to be done internally, eg layout, or web updates. Manage the school’s relationships with the website developer, photographers, graphic designers and printing firms
- Budget management and reporting for each school’s marketing budget for the year
- KPIs management of the return on marketing investment made by the school
- Use of social media metrics (qualitative and quantitative dats from social media platforms) to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of DBS’ public presence
- Target specific activities and campaigns to support admissions at the schools
- Organise, conduct, analyse and report on, annual stakeholder surveys
- Build relationships with the business community and seek suitable sponsors for nominated school activities.
Regular media management
- Social media /print/ mixed media management, using a ‘grid’ or schedule of activities and associated content based on the school’s calendars
- Manage refreshed content for the DBS website
- Manage refreshed content for DBS social media in collaboration with academic staff
- Maintain the DBS brand through internal quality control of the website, social media pages and regular communications.
Internal processes and communications
- Maintain, in liaison with the Head of Marketing & Communications, Principal, Heads and Head of Corporate Services, calendared events for the school on an annual, termly and weekly basis
- Meet Senior Leadership regularly to communicate marketing successes and discuss KPIs
- Meet staff in charge of generating marketing collateral, and set up internal processes to timeously and efficiently translate this collateral into marketing messages
- Undertake quality control of all communications from the school including newsletters, notices, reminders and social media updates
- Assist in distribution of emails, mailshots and SMS messages as needed for Admissions and other requirements.
- Maintain a list of staff and suppliers who can assist with important tasks, eg photography, video, media postings
- In liaison with the Vice Principal, maintain the school’s policies regarding social media use by students, teachers and the Friends of DBS
- Maintain central control over social media groups and their content. Check these for appropriateness. Moderate postings on social media.
Intellectual property rights management and data privacy management
- Keep a set of high-resolution images of DBS logos and brands and train staff in their consistent use
- Agree, communicate and maintain common editorial and graphic standards across school publications for branding reputation and integrity
- Assist staff to apply communication standards by developing simple templates, toolkits and guides
- Copyright management of key intellectual property, eg ensuring logos or designs are registered or protected, and that plagiarism does not take place
- In liaison with the Head of Marketing & Communication & Principal, plan for and organize special projects such as the yearbook, the graduation ceremony or new websites.